More about our Culture
Clostra's diverse, distrubted, and challenge-oriented team of innovators keeps a bold culture.
Diversity is integral to our team.
At Clostra, every one of our people is part of a team which is working together to do important work. This requires the contributions of people with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
What matters at Clostra are an individual’s ideas, performance, and how he or she treats others. It takes trust to build a cohesive team and the more trust people have in those around them, the better they feel about trying out new ideas. In this sense, trust is the “secret ingredient” of any good organization; it is difficult to succeed without a high level of trust.
Clostra is seeking people who want to do meaningful work as part of a diverse team of professionals. There is no room at Clostra for discrimination of any kind; the only criteria which matter are whether an individual produces good work and contributes to an atmosphere of trust.
A team built by engineers, centered around excellence.
The philosopher, John Locke, believed in tabula rasa or the blank slate of the mind. While not quite the same, Clostra’s software engineers find themselves given a blank slate to think about how to solve problems. When presented with challenges of how to improve images in radar, how to measure nuclear materials at greater distances, how to make sense of data acquired from hundreds of sources, how to predict network failures, or a host of other problems, Clostra provides both challenges and opportunities for engineers to consider and find solutions without constraint. Clostra management understands the importance of allowing engineers the time and the freedom to find solutions that others do not think about, and that helps rank Clostra as a top AI/ML company.
Clostra expects engineers to bring a superior knowledge of coding. Fundamentally, we expect superior thinking skills, excellent coding skills, and great time management skills, but we know only these will not bring success, and we strive for success for all. In addition to the above, you should bring an ability to work well with others. Engineers at Clostra do not work in a vacuum—we rely on each other and help each other. You know that two engineers never look at a problem—or a solution—in the same ways, so knowing others will lend their thoughts and ideas will make you a better engineer. Collaboration also helps you deliver products on time and on budget. At Clostra, we solve hard problems, but we must solve them by deadlines. Working together helps us do that.
We want you to use any tool available to you. If one language worked for the last project but a different language works better for a current project, look at changing tools! In our business, we expect change, and embracing change that creates a better product allows us to stay ahead of others. AI and ML face changes every day, and Clostra’s engineers often lead that change. Our engineers develop both frontend and backend code, so it does no good to push to the backend what should run in the frontend. In short, we write code that runs fast and does the job better, because we own the project from start to finish.
Clostra’s engineers are great communicators—both internally and externally. Engineers work closely with our technical writers to present polished, detailed information to our clients before, during, and after projects. Follow on projects often result from communicating engineering progress in exceptional ways, so we bring technical writers, engineers, marketers, and others together to create compelling information that clients can understand and appreciate.
If you believe you could join the elite group of engineers at Clostra, and if the above sounds like it describes you well, we welcome your resume and look forward to hearing from you!
Join Clostra's world-class distributed team and help us change Machine Intelligence for the better.
Write Documentation, Proposals, and Materials
We are looking to expand our technical writing team by adding another technical writer. This is a long-term position for a skilled technical writer with a science or engineering background. Duties include working on bids & proposals as well as narrative reports for various U. S. Government contracts and projects Clostra has acquired. You will be working with a remote technical writing & software development team that is distributed across the country. Writing examples will be required and there will be a writing assignment during the application process.
This is a remote work position. Qualified candidates from across the United States are encouraged to apply.
Get in Touch
• 2 years + technical writing experience
• Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree (science/engineering highly preferred)
• Interest in learning about Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Proven ability to work independently while meeting deadlines with a high quality of work
• Candidates must be able to conduct independent research and prepare comprehensive proposals
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer
Develop Software and Innovate AI
We are looking for an expert in machine learning to help us extract value from our data. You will lead and develop processes from data collection, cleaning, and preprocessing, to training models and deploying them to production.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about artificial intelligence and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
- Design machine learning systems
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Develop machine learning applications
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Verify data quality and/or ensuring it via data cleaning
- Find available datasets online which could be used for training
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
• Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
• Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
• Ability to write robust code in Python, Java, and R
• Must be highly proficient in Python, C++ programming languages
• Must have excellent mathematical skills
• Should be able to communicate clearly the results of your work to a technical writer who will write required reports
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Get in Touch
• Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience: At least 2 years of Machine Learning experience
• Authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Clostra, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.